The history of wine in Armenia reaches until the time of Noah, when he stopped at Mount Ararat, planted the first grape vine (Genesis 9:20). In another ancient mention of Armenian wine, Herodotus pointed out that in the 5th century merchants transported up to 25 tons of wine with palm tree wooden barrels. This is the first mention of history that barrels were used to maintain wine. These technologies have been spread to the Caucasus, Egypt and Europe with other ideas and values. In 1899 Shustov bought the Tairov Cognac Factory in Yerevan and in the early 20th century it produced about 50% of Armenian wine and spirits. In 1899 Shustov bought the Tairov Cognac Factory in Yerevan and in the early 20th century it produced about 50% of Armenian wine and spirits. In 1921 the factory was renamed “Ararat”, becoming the public property of the Soviet Union. In 1922 was established “Ararat Trust”, including all wine factories in Armenia. After the Second World War, wine production expanded. Since 2007 has been opened a new page for the development of Armenian winemaking. New vineyards were established and new companies appeared in the market, which producing wine with modern technologies.